While trying to send a new transaction from Jaxx Liberty or Jaxx Classic, you may have received an error code with the following message: “Transaction failed”.
What triggers these transaction failures?
Here are a few reasons, each linked to a solution listed afterward:
- Something has changed on the blockchain since your wallet information was last refreshed. It’s out of date.
Be sure to have the latest version of Jaxx Liberty. If on mobile or using the Chrome extension, visit your mobile app store or the Chrome webstore and be sure to update if the option is offered. By always using the latest version, you’re taking advantage of the latest security and feature updates, bug fixes and app configuration.
Be sure to have your Transaction History fully updated. In the wallet you’re having this issue with, go to the Transactions tab and hit the refresh arrow from the top right corner. Wait for the sync operation to complete, and try the send operation again.
- Your mining fee was set too low in the Global Settings menu.
Go to the MENU > Mining Fees and change your fee level.
- Your Internet connection dropped while the app was trying to send it.
Be sure to have a reliable Internet connection with unsaturated bandwidth available. If you’re on WiFi, be sure that other devices on the network aren’t filling all of the bandwidth available while downloading or streaming something. If on mobile, please also try the send operation while on a 4G LTE connection (if available) that has close to full coverage bars.
Also be sure to troubleshoot any VPNs or firewalls active on your connection. Submitting transactions through Tor has also been reported to error out.
- You’re sending assets that came to you as the output of large-scale transactions -- probably mining or faucet rewards -- whose size and complexity caused our servers to time out. Jaxx Liberty and Jaxx Classic aren’t intended to be used with assets received through this type of transaction.
Jaxx Liberty currently does not support the sending of assets earned from mining, because of the complexity in addressing assets from large-scale transactions. If you are or have been receiving mining rewards within any of the assets you track with Jaxx Liberty, you may experience these errors. More about using Jaxx Liberty or Jaxx Classic to track assets earned from mining and how to sort it out, here.
- You’re in a location where the sending feature is not supported.
For reasons beyond our control, Jaxx Liberty does not support the sending feature in certain regions.
- We’ve had an unexpected error, like a back-end server, service outage, or ongoing maintenance.
If you’ve gone through all the advice above and are still getting a transaction failed error when trying to send digital assets with Jaxx Liberty, please reach out to our User Success team with all your details by filing a support ticket here: https://support.decentral.ca/hc/en-us/requests/new