While trying to send a new transaction from Jaxx Liberty, you may have received an error code with the following message: “TX-019 - Transaction failed”.
What triggers these transaction failures?
Here are a few reasons, each linked to a solution listed afterward:
- Something has changed on the blockchain since your wallet information was last refreshed. It’s currently out of date.
Be sure to have the latest version of Jaxx Liberty. If on mobile or using the Chrome extension, visit your mobile app store or the Chrome Webstore and be sure to update if the option is offered. By always using the latest version, you’re taking advantage of the latest security and feature updates, bug fixes, and app configuration.
Be sure to have your Transaction History fully updated. In the wallet you’re having this issue with, go to the Transactions tab and hit the circular refresh arrow from the top right corner. Wait for the sync operation to complete, and try the send operation again.
- Your mining fee is set too low
Go to the MENU > Customization > Mining Fees and change your fee level higher.
- Your Internet connection dropped while the app was trying to send the transaction.
Be sure to have a reliable Internet connection with unsaturated bandwidth available. If you’re on WiFi, be sure that other devices on the network aren’t filling all of the bandwidth available while downloading or streaming something. If on mobile, please also try the send operation while on a 4G LTE connection (if available) that has close to full coverage bars.
Also, be sure to troubleshoot any VPNs or firewalls active on your connection. Submitting transactions through Tor has also been reported to error out.
- You’re sending assets that came to you as the output of large-scale transactions -- probably mining or faucet rewards -- whose size and complexity caused our servers to time out. Jaxx Liberty and Jaxx Classic aren’t intended to be used with assets received through this type of transaction.
Jaxx Liberty currently does not support the sending of assets earned from mining, because of the complexity in addressing assets from large-scale transactions. If you are or have been receiving mining rewards within any of the assets you track with Jaxx Liberty, you may experience these errors. More about using Jaxx Liberty or Jaxx Classic to track assets earned from mining and how to sort it out, here.
- You’re in a location where the sending feature is not supported.
For reasons beyond our control, Jaxx Liberty does not support the sending feature in certain regions.
- We’ve had an unexpected error, like a back-end server, service outage, or ongoing maintenance.
- Specifically for the Ethereum and Ethereum Classic wallets - your balances need consolidation
Go to Ξ (top right corner) > MENU > TOOLS > DISPLAY PRIVATE KEYS >Check the box "It's safe -- no one else is looking > View Private Keys > select the one you're having an issue with (ETH / ETC) > Select hide all zero balance > Do you see a balance in any other address than External 0?
DO NOT send us or anyone your private keys.
If you do see balances in addresses other than External 0, you will have to do a manual consolidation before being able to send that balance out. You'll have to get your private keys for all the addresses you have ETH/ETC in and use the Paper Wallet Import function to sweep all your ETH/ETC into your External 0 address (the one that shows up when you click the in-wallet Receive button).
To manually consolidate:
1. Go to Ξ (top right corner) > MENU > TOOLS > DISPLAY PRIVATE KEYS > Check the box "It's safe -- no one else is looking > View Private Keys > select the one you're having an issue with (ETH / ETC) > Select hide all addresses with 0 balance > Copy all Private Keys
Paste all your keys into a notepad or notes and then only copy the private keys that showed a balance, one by one, and repeat the below steps until you've gone through all of them.
2. Go to: Ξ (top right corner) > MENU > TOOLS > Paper Wallet Import > Select ETH or ETC > Input or paste the private key > Select Import and then confirm the transaction.
3. Repeat Step #2 and once done with all our balances spread across multiple addresses you should be able to send the balance out without the TX-019 error.
Remember that you are never locked in Jaxx Liberty, all your digital assets are on the blockchain and you can use your Jaxx Liberty Backup Phrase in any BIP39 compatible wallet that suits your needs: https://support.decentral.ca/hc/en-us/articles/115004719234-You-are-in-full-control-of-your-Jaxx-Liberty-wallet-assets
If you’ve gone through all the advice above and are still getting a transaction failed error when trying to send digital assets with Jaxx Liberty, please reach out to our User Success team with all your details by filing a support ticket here: https://support.decentral.ca/hc/en-us/requests/new