These instructions walk you through performing a clean reinstall of Jaxx Liberty Desktop for Windows or Mac.
Before proceeding, make sure you have your 12-word Backup Phrase written down! Once you reinstall Jaxx Liberty, you will need the 12 words to pair your wallet back. You can find your Backup Phrase here: MENU > Security > View Backup Phrase > It's safe - no one is looking > View Backup Phrase.
Move on to the next steps only after you have verified and securely recorded your 12-word Backup Phrase.
To complete the following steps, you need to be running a user (on your computer) with Administrator rights:
1. Uninstall Jaxx Liberty using the directions for your operating system:
- For Windows: go to C:\Users\<computer name>\AppData\Local\Programs\com.liberty.jaxx\
or go to the search bar and enter Add/Remove programs and select. Then search for and select Jaxx Liberty and choose to uninstall.
- For macOS: open Finder and go to the Applications folder and then right-click on Jaxx Liberty and select Move to the Trash.
2. Once you have successfully uninstalled Jaxx Liberty, wipe the local remaining files off your hard drive by deleting the Jaxx Liberty folder, as per the instructions below (NOTE: if you do not have your 12-word backup phrase and delete the following folder, you will lose access to all your coins/tokens unless you have your private keys recorded).
- For Windows: C:\Users\<Your Computer's User Name>\AppData\Roaming\com.liberty.jaxx
- For macOS: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/com.liberty.jaxx
4. Download and reinstall a fresh copy of Jaxx Liberty from https://jaxx.io/downloads. Once installed, you'll be asked to pair the 12-word backup phrase. Follow the step-by-step process configure and initialize your wallet.