Sometimes users need a clean reinstall of the Jaxx Wallet. To do that please follow the below steps:
- For full safety, you need to save a copy of your 12-word Backup Phrase. Once you will reinstall Jaxx, you will need the 12 words to pair your wallet back.
You can find the Backup Phrase here: MENU > Tools > Backup Wallet > View Backup Phrase
Only when you have the 12-word Backup Phrase copied to a safe place and 100% correct, move on to the next steps.
For the next steps you would need to be running a user with Administrator rights.
2. You will need to Uninstall Jaxx:
• For Windows go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Programs\jaxx and double click the Uninstall Jaxx.exe
• For macOS cd into this directory from the terminal as follows: rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/jaxx. Then go to Applications and move Jaxx to the Trash
• 3. Once you have successfully uninstalled Jaxx, you will need to wipe the potential remaining files of your hard-drive by deleting the Jaxx folder(s) - if they still exist - from:
• For Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ and C:\Users\ . <username>\AppData\Local\Programs\
• For macOS: File Explorer\Applications\Jaxx
4. Now you'll need to reinstall a fresh copy of Jaxx so head on to: https://jaxx.io/downloads.html, choose the OS you're on and download the latest version of Jaxx. Once that is installed you'll be asked to pair the 12-word Backup Phrase and follow the step by step process there to get your wallet configured and initialized.
We hope this helps. Please submit a support ticket to our team if you need further assistance by filling out the form here.