Sometimes users need a clean reinstall of the Jaxx Liberty Wallet. To do that please follow the below steps:
1. For full safety, you need to save a copy of your 12-word Backup Phrase. Once you will reinstall Jaxx Liberty, you will need the 12 words to pair your wallet back.
You can find the Backup Phrase here: MENU > Tools > Backup Wallet > View Backup Phrase
Only when you have the 12-word Backup Phrase copied to a safe place and 100% correct, move on to the next steps.
2.For the next steps you would need to be running a user with Administrator rights.2. You will need to Uninstall Jaxx:
- For Windows go to C:\Users\<computer name>\AppData\Local\Programs\com.liberty.jaxx\
Or go to the search bar and enter Add/Remove programs and select. Then search for and select Jaxx Liberty and choose uninstall.
- For macOS: open Finder and go to Applications folder and then right click on Jaxx and select Move to the Trash.
3. Once you have successfully uninstalled Jaxx Liberty, you will need to wipe the local remaining files of your hard-drive by deleting the Jaxx folder as per the instructions below (keep in mind that if you do not have your 12 word backup phase and delete the following folder, you will lose you access to all you coins/tokens unless you have your private keys recorded (please record and save it first)):
- For Windows: C:\Users\<Your Computer's User Name>\AppData\Roaming\com.liberty.jaxx
- For macOS: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/com.liberty.jaxx
4. Now you'll need to reinstall a fresh copy of Jaxx so head on to: https://jaxx.io/downloads, choose the OS you're on and download the latest version of Jaxx. Once that is installed you'll be asked to pair the 12-word Backup Phrase and follow the step by step process there to get your wallet configured and initialized.
We hope this helps. Please submit a support ticket to our User Success team if you need further assistance by filling out the form here.