Currently, all EOS tokens that have been released through the EOS Token Distribution crowdsale are ERC20 tokens on the Ethereum Blockchain. They are assigned to your ETH address and if you are holding EOS in Jaxx, the wallet address is your ETH address.
EOS have announced that they will finish developing the blockchain software and release it to the public on June 1st, 2018. They have released a registration process to tentatively build a database with the ERC20 EOS token holders that they are recommending to be included in every setup of the EOS blockchain.
In order for your ERC20 EOS tokens to be included in that database, you will need to register your EOS tokens by June 1st. Failing to do that in time will lead to the loss of the coins you currently hold.
Please use this guide at your own risk. We are not responsible for any tokens that may be lost attempting this process. These instructions are not legal or financial advice in any way shape or form. We strongly recommend you are 100% sure you understand the significance of every action and possible effects before attempting the following steps.
Note that as of June 2st 2018, the EOS ERC20 tokens will be frozen and non-transferable.
This is a step-by-step guide on how to do register your EOS tokens: Within this guide, we tried our best to include accurate information available at the moment of writing.
Please note that you will need your EOS (ETH) address private key to register the tokens. Remember that anyone who has your private keys has access to your address and all the digital assets associated with it. Do not use it anywhere else and never show it or share it with anyone (not even us).
What do the different color highlights mean? Yellow indicates fields that will auto-populate and you shouldn’t change what is placed there. Pay attention to Red fields as you might need to required to note or pay attention to what is there. Green ones are areas of actions and or selection that enable you to proceed to the next step.
Your ETH address is what is mapped to the EOS address and not the tokens. This means you can always add more tokens without having the need to re-register. However, if you change addresses, you will have to register again with the new address.
To start, please make sure you have your Jaxx EOS and ETH wallets selected and initialized in your Jaxx wallet. If you do not know how to do this, please refer to the following article.
First things first, you will need to obtain your ETH public and private key for your ERC-20 EOS inside of Jaxx. Please be advised that the EOS public address is the same as your ETH address.
1. Choose "EOS"
2. Please take note (make a copy) of your public ETH address as you will need it for step #30
3. Select the Menu button (the three horizontal lines in the top right corner)
4. Select "MENU" (it should be the default selected option).
5. Then "Tools"
6. Then "Display Private Keys"
7. Wait for the 4 second countdown, then choose "I UNDERSTAND".
8. Then choose "Display Ethereum Keys".
9. Make sure you have at least 0.01 ETH for gas as it will be needed to complete registration.
10. Please note your ETH private key safely and securely. You will need it in step 25.
This next section is where you will obtain your keys for the EOS mainnet. Please keep your private key offline if possible as that would be the most secure.
11. Navigate to "https://nadejde.github.io/eos-token-sale/" in your browser address bar. After loading the site you can disconnect from the internet if you want to be safe and prevent your private key from possibly being sent over the internet.
12. Select "Generate EOS key".
13. Please note your EOS public key carefully as you will need it in step #23.
14. Also make note of your EOS private key and keep somewhere safe and private.
Here we move to the actual website where you will map your keys together.
15. Navigate to "https://www.myetherwallet.com" and please make sure that the spelling is 100% exactly the same.
16. Make sure network is set to "Network ETH (myetherapi.com)”.
17. Select "Contracts".
18. Now choose "Select a contract..."
19. Scroll down and select "EOS Contribution".
20. Next is "Access".
21. On to "Select a function".
22. Then pick "register" from the drop down menu.
23. Here is where you enter your public Eos key string which you obtained from step #13.
24. Select “Private Key”.
25. Enter your ETH private key from step #10.
26. Next is “Unlock”.
27. Then choose “Write”.
28. Select "Generate Transaction” and it will open up the next section.
29. Now you can continue to “Yes, I am sure! Make transaction" If it fails you might need to increase the gas. If not, you have now successfully mapped your EOS/ETH keys to get your EOS mainnet tokens.
A green popup should appear at the bottom of your screen which will advise of your transaction ID and a link to view your transaction on the blockchain via www.etherscan.io. You can save it just incase you need it later. Please do not close any thing as of yet. If a red popup appears it means that the transaction was not successful. If this happens you will need to increase the amount of gas in the "Gas Limit" field to 100000. Any unused gas will be returned.
These last steps are to ensure that your keys have been mapped correctly.
30. You need to go back up and to “register” which you will select (this is the same location as step #21 but it no longer says "Select a function".
31. Now you will need to choose "Keys" from the list.
32. Enter in your ETH public address from step #2.
33. Go ahead and click "READ" and if you're successful, your EOS public address will appear in the "string" field where is says "Ohh! Shiny!".
Congratulations! You are now all set to have your EOS Mainnet tokens in the database built and that will potentially be included on the EOS blockchains when they are released.