With Jaxx Liberty, you now have the option to encrypt your local wallet files with a security password. This adds an important security layer to your Jaxx Liberty wallet. The app files will then be encrypted with your security password, making it very hard for anyone to get at them.
How Do I Activate and Set a Password?
1. Go to the Menu (click/tap the ☰ in the upper right corner. of the app screen)
2. Select Security > Security Password
Read the message and then check the boxes that correspond to the following statements (if they are accurate and you wish to continue):
- “My backup phrase is recorded off-wallet. I know where it is.”
- “I understand that only I have the password required to send assets, view my backup phrase, and access private keys. Jaxx Liberty employees can’t help you.”
3. Select the now-illuminated “Set Password” button.
4. Enter your password and confirm it, then click "Continue." Note The "Continue" button won't light up if the passwords do not match or are too short.
Going forward, Jaxx Liberty will ask for the password to complete the following operations:
- Wallet Backup
- View 12-word Backup Phrase
- Change/Remove password
- Pair current app to another backup phrase
- Send a transaction
- Trade cryptocurrency
What if I forget my password?
Jaxx Liberty’s security password is device-only for desktops and install-session-only for mobile devices. The password you set in your Jaxx Liberty wallet app will remain active on the device on which you set it, even if you pair a different backup phrase to it, until you uninstall and reinstall the app on mobile devices, or do a manual wipe and reinstall for desktops.
In case you forget your Jaxx Liberty wallet password when using a mobile device (Android or iOS), simply reinstall the app, enter the 12-word backup phrase to pair your wallet and set the password manually again.
There is no option to reset the password. You have to pair your wallet again by reinstalling the app. DO NOT uninstall Jaxx Liberty if you DO NOT know your backup phrase.
There is no option to recover your wallet information without the 12-word backup phrase.