Jaxx Liberty enables you to transfer any digital asset supported by the Jaxx Liberty ecosystem from either a paper wallet or a standard address with the private key to your current Jaxx Liberty wallet. The process empties the balance of the paper wallet address you're swiping and adds it to your Jaxx Liberty wallet through a standard digital assets transfer transaction (that requires miner fees to be paid).
To import a paper wallet in Jaxx Liberty, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Jaxx Liberty "Menu" and scroll down to "Tools"
2. Select "Paper Wallet Import"
3. Select the asset that corresponds to t the paper wallet. Please note that the wallet will appear in the list only after you’ve added it to your Dashboard. Review instructions on how to enable digital assets in Jaxx Liberty
4. Enter the private key in the highlighted field.
If the private key is correct, the "Import" button will light up and display the balance you want to import to Jaxx Liberty.
If the private key is incorrect or the balance is 0, you will receive an error message and the "Import" button will not activate.
5. Selecting Import will take you to the details of the import transaction in the next screen. Verify that everything is correct, then select "Confirm" to import that balance to your Jaxx Liberty wallet.
6. From the confirmation screen, you can return to the dashboard by selecting "Jaxx Liberty Home"
Once your transaction is confirmed on the blockchain, the balance will appear in your wallet and you will receive a green pop-up message (" Payment received ") at the bottom of the screen.
- If you do not find the "Paper Wallet Import" option under "Tools" in your Jaxx Liberty MENU, you may be using an outdated version of the Jaxx Liberty app. Download the latest version and try again.
- Encrypted Paper Wallets are not supported by Jaxx at the moment but we are looking into integrating them in the future. Keep an eye on our Social Media channels for updates.
Remember to never share your private keys or 12-word backup phrase with anyone, including us. Support for the Jaxx Wallet is 100% free and we will never ask for or need your wallet security information to help you.