Starting with version 2.2.0, Jaxx Liberty enables you to transfer digital assets from a paper wallet or even a standard address with the Private Key, to your current Jaxx Liberty Wallet for any digital asset supported by the Jaxx Liberty ecosystem. This will empty the balance of the paper wallet address you're swiping and add its balance to your Jaxx Liberty wallet through a standard digital assets transfer transaction (that also requires the miner fees to be paid).
To import a paper wallet in Jaxx Liberty please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Jaxx Liberty "Menu" and scroll down to "Tools"
2. Select "Paper Wallet Import"
3. Select the asset you want to import the paper wallet for. Please note that the wallet will appear in the list only after you added it to your Dashboard. (For information on how to enable digital assets in Jaxx Liberty please check this article )
4. Enter the private key in the highlighted field.
If the private key is correct, the "Import" button will light up and display the balance you want to import to Jaxx Liberty.
If the private key is incorrect or the balance is 0, you will receive an error message and the "Import" button will not activate.
5. Selecting Import will take you to the details of the import transaction in the next screen. Verify that everything is correct, select "Confirm" to import that balance to your Jaxx Liberty wallet.
6. You will see a confirmation screen and you can return to the dashboard by selecting "Jaxx Liberty Home"
Once your transaction is confirmed on the blockchain, the balance will appear in your wallet and you will receive a green pop-up message (" Payment received ") at the bottom of the Jaxx Liberty wallet's screen.
- If you do not find the "Paper Wallet Import" option under "Tools" in your Jaxx Liberty MENU, you may be using an outdated version of the Jaxx Liberty app. Download the latest version (here's how) and try again.
- Encrypted Paper Wallets are not supported by Jaxx at the moment but we are looking into integrating those too in the future. Keep an eye on our Social Media channels for updates.
Disclaimer: Please make sure you do not share your private keys with anyone, including us. Support for the Jaxx Wallet is 100% free and we will never need your wallet security information to help you.