Various error codes display when an issue arises on your device or computer while utilizing Jaxx Liberty. We have compiled a list of all known solutions to resolve these issues.
Please keep in mind that Jaxx Liberty does not store your crypto. Only you have the keys to your wallet and the blockchain manages the ledger containing your funds. Jaxx Liberty is an interface to connect the two together. You always the ability to export your backup phrase onto another wallet.
Error code causes and troubleshooting options are listed below:
- Weak or no connection to the internet
- Outdated Version of Jaxx Liberty
- Improper wallet initialization or wallet not enabled
- Temporary Server outage
- Outdated config file
- Jaxx Liberty needs to be restarted
- Not enough (ETH) funds to pay for the transaction
- Problem validating password
- Mining fees issue
- Syncing issue
- Internet Issue - Ensure you have a stable internet connection and are not using a VPN, TOR or firewall
- Update Jaxx Liberty - Check the “About” section in the menu. Download current version 2.6.5 (If on Chrome, please switch to a desktop or mobile version) See advanced solution below
- Initialization Issue - Ensure your wallet is enabled and properly initialized by making sure you can view your current receive address (See the advanced solution below)
- Wrong Password - If you have a password enabled ensure it's correct
- Wrong User Input - If inputting numbers, ensure they are correct and not causing an issue
- Send Issue - If sending, ensure your amount is not too small (considered dust); try sending a larger amount
- Broadcast Issue - Wait for a previous transaction to confirm before trying to send another
- Restart - Close and restart Jaxx Liberty
- Restore Backup - Restore using your 12-word Backup phrase See advanced solution below
- Reinstall - Ensure you have your 12-word Backup phrase then uninstall then reinstall Jaxx Liberty
- If sending, try to lower the mining fee
- Monitor Social Media - If you're still experiencing issues, please monitor our social channels for any known service interruptions
Advanced Troubleshooting Support:
ADVANCE SOLUTION 1.- Are you using the most recent version of Jaxx Liberty?
This is the most common reason why issues will occur. It is important to run the most recent release of Jaxx Liberty to ensure functionality, security, performance and the latest features.
Check which version you are running by going to MENU > ABOUT. Make sure you are using Version 2.6.5
ADVANCED SOLUTION 2 -Have you been sending mining or faucet rewards to your Jaxx Liberty Wallet?
If you have, you'll need to redirect them and import your balances into a full node wallet to transact them. Jaxx Liberty is a light wallet and like all other light wallets, mining or faucet transactions have too much information for light wallets to handle.
ADVANCED SOLUTION 3 -Restore from Backup
As long as you write down your Backup Phrase safely, you will be able to use that phrase to restore your wallet on another phone or another platform.
To restore or recover your wallet using this phrase, you would need to follow these steps:
If you paired your Jaxx Wallet to another device, you can get the 12-word Backup Phrase from that one from MENU > Security > View Backup Phrase:
Then you can pair your wallet on wallet setup or at Menu > Tools > Pair/Restore Existing Wallet:
Please don't share this phrase with anyone, including us, as it is the only way to restore a wallet in the case that you lose your phone.
ADVANCED SOLUTION 4 - Try a clean install.
This will remove any old or outdated data that might be causing issues. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COPY OF YOUR 12-WORD BACKUP PHRASE before going through this process. Please review the article below for the specific platform(s) you’re using.
ADVANCED SOLUTION 5 - Try again at a later time
Jaxx Liberty is a very complex software that relies on connections to a number of centralized servers and decentralized networks. Sometimes just waiting or trying at a later time can resolve your issue.