At Jaxx, we are committed to giving you full control over your funds. Jaxx as an organization does not store any sensitive information about your wallet. We cannot view, access or control your wallet in any way as all of your wallet’s information is stored locally on
We do not have access to your password, secret 12-word recovery phrase, private keys, or even your public addresses. All sensitive data is stored locally on your device and is never sent to any servers. Essentially, your Jaxx Liberty wallet is your own personal crypto-bank - you have the keys to the front door, and the combination to the vault.
As a general note, we will never DM/e-mail, never ask for your 12-word backup phrase, private keys, passwords or pins or ask you to send coins to any address. Please DO NOT send them to anyone unless you want them to have access to your coins/tokens.
Our official Twitter support is @Jaxx_Support and nothing else as well as our official Twitter account is @jaxx_io (keep a close eye on the spelling).
Please be cautious of fake emails and accounts.
If you are experiencing an issue with funds that seem to have been moved out of your Jaxx Liberty without your knowledge.
Please consider the following questions:
1. Do you remember anyone having access to your unlocked devices, even for a few minutes?
2. Have you ever given out your backup phrase or private keys to anyone?
3. Perhaps you sent that transaction yourself from a secondary device and may have forgotten about it?
4. Have you paired your Jaxx Liberty Wallet on any device that you no longer use, maybe a laptop or a phone you gave to someone else?
5. Are your devices (computers especially) up-to-date with their antivirus / anti-malware programs and have you scanned them with no threat showing?
All the above questions are meant to help you identify if your device or wallet phrase was exposed. Though there isn't anything we can do to return that amount to you (blockchains are decentralized and transactions are final), the above may help you understand more about what happened and to get protected in the future.